Talk about your cliffhanger. I can’t believe that my last post occurred so many months ago and I did not finish my saga about the hole in the pool.
To pick up where I left off, I was able to narrow the general area of where I believed the hole to be. There were 24 inches of water in the pool so I knew the hole was somewhere between the 24-inch level and the bottom of the pool.
Not knowing how large the hole would be, I knew I couldn’t rely solely on my eyesight to find it. I used my hands and my fingers and gently massage and tug at the pool lining in the suspected hole area. I methodically massaged the lining of the pool starting with the walls and ending with the pool floor.
Feeling the Culprit
I thought I felt something in the connecting area between the wall and the bottom of the pool (the cove area). When I did a visual on it, it sort of looked as if the lining was separating. It didn’t look like a hole, but it looked a bit vulnerable. By this time I was so desperate to find the cause of the leak, I convinced myself that the cove area vulnerability was the cause of the leak
To repair the compromised area I purchased a patch kit. I patched the lining of the pool in the affected area then refilled the pool to the appropriate level. I was thoroughly pleased that while the pool was refilling it did not leak.
So, I added the chemicals and balanced the levels. That night I ran my Hayward filter and went to bed with a sense of accomplishment.