≡ Menu

How to Replace a Lost American Kennel Club Registration

American Kennel Club

Owners of purebred dogs can register their dog with the American Kennel Club. As a proud dog owner you like to show off your purebred dog and the American Kennel Club registration papers to anyone willing to stick around long enough to read them. Imagine the shock when you run to get your AKC registration paper only to find that they’re missing. Fortunately, the AKC makes it easy to replace lost registration papers. As long as you have the pertinent information and the appropriate fee, you can replace the registration in short order. Here’s how:

  1. Download and complete the request for duplicate registration form . You can obtain the form from the AKC website. Be sure to complete each section.
  1. If your computer won’t allow you to download American Kennel Club”s duplicate registration form, it’s okay. You can send a letter to the American Kennel Club with the necessary information instead. Be sure to explain that you are seeking a duplicate registration.
  1. Include the important information. They will need to know the litter number, breed and date of birth. In addition, provide them with the owner”s name, address and signature. Don’t forget to tell them the gender of the dog.American Kennel Club
  1. Submit letter or application with the $20 processing fee to The American Kennel Club, P.O. Box 900057, Raleigh, NC 27675-9057.

Note: American Kennel Club fees are subject to change. Visit their website prior to mailing your check to ensure you are enclosing the proper amount.

About the author: Felicia Williams is a wife, mother and grandmother who likes to write.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment